Bioengineering Hourly Employees
1. Please complete your Web-Time Entry (online timesheet) inputting the number of hours worked during the current pay period for the correct job title. See chart below for 2020 pay period begin and end dates, as well as time-sheet submission deadlines and pay dates.
- Select “University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) “and login with your Enterprise login information.
- Once you are logged in, select the “Employee” tab on the top left corner. Once selected, click “Time Sheet” and select the corresponding position that you are submitting hours for. Click “Timesheet” again to access your Web-Time Entry.
- Once you are in your Web Time Entry, please input the hours that you have worked throughout the two week pay period under the Earning category – Regular Pay. Remember to select “Next” to enter your hours for the 2nd week of pay period.
- If the submission deadline has passed, the system will not allow you to input your hours online. You must fill out a Late Time Report Form, found in the Forms and Helpful Links section of this page.
- This process will delay your payment, so please make every effort to submit online before the deadline.
2. Once complete, please click “Submit”. After you have completed your Web-Time Entry and submitted it online, please provide the Web-Time Entry summary to your supervisor for approval. Please make sure the following is included in the Web-Time Entry summary:
- First and Last Name
- Job Position Title
- Hours entered throughout the two week pay period.
3. Please either email it to your supervisor once completed or provide a hard-copy for signature of approval. Please discuss the best option for receiving time sheets with your direct supervisor.
Note for supervisors who prefer email approvals: Please either electronically sign the Web-Time Entry summary or email email@example.com stating your approval with the attached Web-Time Entry summary.
4. Web-Time Entry submission and approval from your direct supervisor are due by the date listed on the chart (below) under “Approved Timesheet due by 5pm.” Your Web-Time Entry will not be approved unless the unit receives approval from your direct supervisor by this deadline.
1. The department staff is not responsible for collecting signatures from your direct supervisor for your Web-Time Entry.
2. If you are trying to submit hours for a previous pay period after deadline has elapsed, the Web-Time Entry will not allow for you to enter your hours. Please reference the Payroll Schedule to review the pay period and corresponding deadlines.
- Since the online Web-Time Entry will not allow for you to enter hours for a previous pay period, you will need to complete a Late Time Report Form and enter your hours on this form. Please note that you will need to complete the same steps in obtaining your supervisors’ approval. The unit will then manually enter your hours in the system on your behalf once the Time Report Form has been signed and completed.
3. Should you incorrectly submit your hours on Web-Time Entry, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Web-Time Entry can be returned to you for correction.
4. Do not submit more hours than what was listed on your contract. Should you submit extra hours, please consult with your supervisor and obtain approval from the HR coordinator before you work the additional hours.
Any questions or concerns? Please contact email@example.com or 312-996-2335.
- Where can I find my earnings statement?
- How do I view/change my direct deposit details?
- Is my pay considered taxable income?
- Yes, income received from UIC is taxable.
- I missed the time-sheet deadline, but I submitted a Late Time Report Form. When will I get paid?
- It takes up to 1.5 weeks to process the payments for late time report submissions, so you should receive your pay 2 weeks after your form is submitted.
For other pay related questions, be sure to look through the UIC HR Pay Services site.
Other HR Questions
- I do not remember my UIN, is there a place I can look it up?
- Find your UIN – Not everyone has or needs a UIN. If you were affiliated with any University of Illinois location before 1996, it’s possible you weren’t issued a UIN. If you never had a UIN, you don’t need one to order transcripts.
For all other HR questions, please visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/.
University of Illinois Biweekly Payroll Schedule
|Pay Period||Begin Date||End Date||Approved Timesheet Due by 5pm||Pay Date|